I rarely do the “count your blessings” thing, but with Thanksgiving around the corner, why not do it, and get into the mood for the holidays?!
1) I am thankful that I am healthy and capable of enjoying what life has to offer. Capable of overcoming whatever pitfalls life may offer.
2) I am also thankful that the health of my near and dear ones is good (touchwood). My mom had some major issues this year and I am just so glad that they are getting better and that she is healing.
3) I am thankful that S and I started this year together, actually staying together in one house. Last year (also, the first year after the marriage) was spent on opposite coasts and it sucked to be apart.
4) I am thankful that living with S is as much fun as I had imagined it to be before we moved in. And thankful for all the nice things he does, nice food he cooks and keeps the house clean (cleaner than what I possibly can).
5) I am thankful that I am employed. And though I have to warm up to this job and make myself like it as much as I loved my previous one, I am thankful that I am still trying.
6) I am thankful that I have been quite honest with myself lately about my career and what I want to do eventually in life. It took a lot of guts on my side to accept to myself what I really want to do in the long run. And that I have resolved to work towards it from now.
7) I am thankful for the new Calvin n Hobbes book I have recently procured, which I read every night before falling asleep. Reading C&H just makes me realise how alive that child in me still is. It is more alive that what it was when I was a child. And I am just so thankful for that!
8 ) I am thankful for all my friends (a lot of them) being in the same city as I am. This was something I so missed when I was in Boston. My social life is really active here in CA. I am also thankful that I am still in touch with my close friends back in India. It is just so comforting that distance and busy/married lives are not making keeping-in-touch difficult. And just so comforting that there are people who you can ping after ages and start from where you left the last time.
9) I am thankful for the various good books I read over the year. For all the addition that was done to my knowledge base, for all the new things I learnt, for all the slightly-better-than-last-year photos I took, for the slightly better person I am today than yesterday. (hopefully)
10) And last but not the least, I am thankful for the amazing double chocolate walnut cookie I am eating as I type out this post! Bliss, chocolate is.
With that, I wish you all a happy thanksgiving. See you on the other side of the holidays 🙂